Alvida - Farewell 🙏 Mrs.Valli Muthiah!!

 

Candid Expressions…..!!!                                                                                   25th Sept’2023

Alvida - Farewell Madam!!

We all grew up listening to the famous song “Chalte Chalte Mere Yeh Geet Yaad Rakhana, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna..”  On 10th Sept 2022, we had to bemoan and say “Alvida” to our beloved “First Lady” of MAL Group and Chairperson Mrs.Valli Muthiah.  Our heart bleeds for Mr.Muthiah, on his personal loss.  They were an impeccable elderly couple!!  We are so used to them, gracing the functions together.  It’s a huge loss to MAL Group! We not only lost a towering figure but a humble Soul and a true well-wisher. 

I had the privilege of interacting with her on countless occasions.  The aura, warmth and human touch she used to show was incredible. I have visited their house on several occasions, and no sooner she sees me she will tell…. Navneeth, you are not going without having something.  I used to wait for that opportunity and politely tell that I would like to have a cup of coffee.  I loved the fresh coffee she brewed and served.  I will miss that aroma filled coffee forever!

I vividly remember when we moved IPP, to Doddabalapur I requested the Management to build a small Ganesh temple in the premises.  She took the onus of ordering the Ganesh Idol, from Puliyarpatti, and participated in the installation Pooja, which was performed in a grand manner.  She also asked the Purohit who performed the pooja to give a name to the deity, and thus the name “Karapaga Vinayagar” – Golden Memories!!

Whenever we met, we used to indulge in deep conversation on our common subject viz., spirituality, meditation and most importantly HR activities.  She was very compassionate when it comes to taking care of our employees and particularly the Women, in our Group.  She tutored me in many ways, and it was a pleasure listening to her spiritual Gyan.  I can tell with conviction that there are very few people in this World, with such characteristics and passionately caring for other people’s welfare. 

I had said this in one my earlier write ups, every Women aspires to have a “Sumangali” death and Mrs.Muthiah attaining that at the age of 85 plus is indeed unheard of. She lived a complete life and has shown the path, to take the legacy forward.  It is our bounded duty to live up to her expectations and ensure MAL Group, scales newer heights.  With her blessings shadowing us, I visualize a great future for our Group going forward.   If someone chooses to write the annals of MAL Group, one full chapter should be dedicated to her.  To me she is the Margaret Thatcher – “The Iron Lady” of our Group!!!

Sadly, she chose to part, forever on that unfortunate 10th Sept, afternoon silently humming “Alvida” and embarking to an unknown destination.  It is awfully painful but, we must take solace, that she has attained “Eternal Peace"!!  She will continue to guide and bless us… Although invisibly.   

Yes, we will miss her forever....... Alvida Madam!!!

C.P.Navneeth Kumar

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daughters are Special Gift....!!!